Here’s my list of management, career and thought provoking books and articles that I think are worth reading and stand “the test of time”. My list of books won’t be terribly long because I find that most books are really bulked up articles. You can read the article and get the point. I’ll keep building this list selectively. Suggest any ideas you may have. (Links are to books I have commented on in the past).
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
- Profit from the Core – Chris Zook
- The Goal – Elihu Goldratt
- The Trusted Advisor – David Maister
- What the CEO Wants You to Know – Ram Charan
- Getting to Yes – Fisher
- Say it with Charts! – Gene Zelazny
- Made to Stick – Chip & Dan Heath
- Problem Solving 101: A Simple Book for Smart People – Ken Watanabe
- The Adventures of Johnny Bunko – Dan Pink
- The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch
- Orbiting the Giant Hairball – Gordon MacKenzie
For more, here’s an interesting Top 100 list by Jack Covert and Mark Sattersten.